Visio Talks

Woman Ends 5-Year Marriage After Husband Refuses to Help While She’s Sick

“Say Sorry First” – Dad’s Viral Marriage Advice Leaves Internet in Stitches

“It Was Just 5 Minutes” — Nigerian Lady Sparks Debate After Calling Out Women Who Downplay Cheating

Wedding in Imo Reportedly Cancelled After Groom Discovers Old Social Media Photos

Man Sparks Online Debate After Refusing to Give Ex-Girlfriend N500,000 for Father’s Medical Treatment

“My Uncle Faked a Money Request to Stop the Family from Asking Him for Money — And It Went Viral”

Subscribe to Us Get the Latest News & Updates
all adverts here

Top Stories

ZTop Home

Again, court adjourns Nnamdi Kanu’s N1bn suit against FG, DSS

Again, court adjourns Nnamdi Kanu’s N1bn suit against FG, DSS

Again, court adjourns Nnamdi Kanu’s N1bn suit against FG, DSS

A Federal High Court in Abuja, on Monday, again adjourned a fresh N1billion suit filed by leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, against the Federal Government until March 18 this year for hearing, DAILY POST reports.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) had, on January 8, reported that Justice James Omotosho fixed the hearing for today when no lawyer represented Kanu in court

Upon resumed hearing today, counsel to the defence, I.I. Hassan, told the court that they were yet to be served with processes in the matter.InformationGuideNigeria

But Kanu’s lawyer, Alloy Ejimakor, said everything needed for the service of their processes on the defence had been perfected.

He wondered why the originating motion and other applications were yet to be served on the defence by the bailiff.NYSC Portal

Justice Omotosho eventually adjourned the matter until March 18, 2024 for the plaintiff to serve the defence in the suit.

Recall that Kanu, through his lawyer, Ejimakor, had filed the latest suit marked: FHC/ABJ/CS/1633/2023 for the enforcement of his fundamental rights while in detention.

In the originating motion dated and filed December 4, the applicant sued the Federal Republic of Nigeria (FRN), AGF, Department of State Service (DSS) and its Director-General as 1st to 4th respondents respectively.

The suit was filed pursuant to Order II, Rules 1 & 2 of the Fundamental Rights Enforcement Procedure Rules 2009, among others.

Leave a Reply